Well, 2012 will soon come to an end and a new year will arrive with all sorts of interesting things. But for now, here are some of my favorite finds that I was pleasantly surprised by this year.
1. Mutemath – Thanks to Keyboard‘s magazine cover story for turning me on to this fun and talented band that is highly underrated by the mainstream. And their live show rivals any other band’s in energy and entertainment.
2. Drive – I’m not a huge Ryan Gosling fan, but this movie is very good. One of those under-the-radar flicks that are so much fun to come across unexpectedly.
3. Edvard Munch: Symbolism in Print – As mentioned in a previous post, I really enjoyed this exhibit at the NC Museum of Art. I’d always thought of him soley as a painter, but found that he also produced a myriad of interesting prints.
4. Berryville, Virginia – I first heard about Berryville in a Wendy’s commercial. If you ever get a chance to visit this quaint little town located at the rural edges of northern Virginia, be sure to go. And if you plan to spend a night or two there, you can’t go wrong with the Rosemont.
5. Candy Cane Oreos – Peppermint flavored, seriously delicious and sold out pretty much everywhere.